21 October 2016

The End of an Era

As my three beautiful children continue to grow and develop into wonderful young adults, I have moment after moment where I am thankful that I have preserved our family’s memories.

Just last week our youngest, Annie started her HSC, the final exams she will sit in High School. Now, as we all know, reaching your final weeks of High School is a time of reflection. As the school days draw to an end, we can’t help but look back on all the moments that have guided us to this point. The first day of High School, the many school camps, sports days, excursions, dances and all the other fun times that have combined to make up our time at school.

Over the last few weeks as this conclusion has drawn closer for our daughter, I have felt so privileged to watch her make her way through all these carefully preserved memories. I found her looking back through her school days scrapbooks, reading the stories, pulling out her awards and giggling at the photos of her and her friends.  It warms my heart that her albums are a source of encouragement, confidence and strength for her and something that I was able to provide.


When it comes to these exams, our focus is not the marks that come out of it but on the adventures which will follow and my hope is that she continues to be this young woman who is making me so proud and that we are able to stay with her on that adventure.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that last sentence!